From BudgetLink Wiki
To enter budgets, follow these instructions.
- From the menu, click on 20. Budget Entry;
- Click on P&L Budget Entry to display the Profit and Loss Budget Entry worksheet (or BS Budget Entry to display the Balance Sheet Budget Entry worksheet);
- Click on the Customise button and make your selection in the dialogue box that appears;
- Once you have made all of your selections, click OK and the Budget Entry sheet will be refreshed;
- Enter or edit your budget amounts for each account for each month.
You do not need to save anything. As soon as the values are entered, they will be written to the database.
- If the cells show up and yellow that means all the inputs are at the detail level and you can edit the numbers. If they show up as white then it indicates that one of the dimensions includes a header and the numbers cannot be edited at that level
- If you have already captured budgets they will appear in the budget entry screen and can be edited directly
- You can enter yearly amounts for each account in the Annual column. Annual amounts will automatically be split evenly across all months in the financial year and the total will appear in the Year column.
- It is recommended that you use Budget as the version for your main budget. If required, you can create additional budget versions for the given financial year.